Friday, March 13, 2009

Iho Beach Excursion

Living on an island certainly has its benefits. I have had a long day, today and am waiting for co-workers to show up for a house warming party, so I thought I would share some pictures of my walk to Iho Beach last Sunday.

Iho beach is the closest beach to my apartment and from what many foreigners have said, the worst beach in Jeju. It didn't seem bad at all, so I can only assume it just gets better and better from here.

The walk takes about 40 minutes from my apartment, crossing into a little coastal village before turning the corner at the beach. I found it quite enjoyable walking along the coastal street as I found many differences from the main city that I live. It is a bit more relaxes atmosphere and more traditional and yet older Korean housing. No high rise apartments anywhere near this beach.


The turn around the corner gave a me a great idea about exactly how to get down to the beach. Thank you English, your work in Korea has been very helpful so far. Most signs by the way , in the city and country are bi-lingual.


A Buddhist ceremony of sorts was taking place when I arrived. I am not completely sure what was happening, though they would occasionally break from the group to go throw back live fish into the sea. Ti, maybe you could fill me in....


The beach being the closest to my house, is adjacent to the airport. Being on the ocean, the airport makes it so I have to go around it to get to a relaxing sandy spot. There is just the occasional airplane landing....


More to come possibly tomorrow....

Be well ~






Serenity always seems to come in the form of a circle. The only thing that exists that is absolutely, in 100% of the word, perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment