Sunday, May 10, 2009

Never at the computer anymore...

(Water at Western side of Udo Island)

I've been around this island with friends so many weekends in a row, I've completely neglected any new posts to share with anyone. Its been a great time though, renting scooters and ATV's, discovering beaches that I could confuse with what I have come to believe Fiji looks like, eating weird seafood and following that with a healthy dose of food poisoning (okay that wasn't so fun), but overall working on my farmers tan to the best of my Oregon knowledge allows me.

Here is a glimpse of whats been happening around me for the past 3 weekends...

I traveled to Udo Island (hour and half by bus, 10 minute fairy from my home) where Julia and I rented a scooted and toted around for a day. There is maybe 1000 who live there, very small, gorgeous beaches....






Shane (best mate from college) came down with an entourage of his own and we decided to rent a taxi for the day for 100,000 won (about $25 for each of us). He drove us anywhere we wanted to a waited eagerly for our next destination...

Waterfalls in the southern city of Seogwipo are a pretty popular destination to go see. We saw 2 out 3 of them. One of which looks like a lagoon from disney land, the other of which is the only waterfall that drains into the sea (or at least 20 yards from the sea as there is a light creek it has to rush through first)

The statue is called 'Stone Grandfather' which are everywhere around the island. The orgins of its creation are unknown and date back over 500 years ago. This one was an original...








There was a botantical garden that had everything from Japanese styles gardens to French and Italian themed gardens....


Hamdeok beach (40 minutes by bus from my home) was extremely windy, couldn't really enjoy the RR that day, but photo taking was fun...









Iho beach is a frequnt day ender as it is only abut 10 minutes bike ride away from my work I have gone there on several occasions to catch the sunset and read a couple dozen pages in whatever book I'm into....




These yellow flowers are called Rape flowers and are extremely popular on Jeju. This was a festival that had many of these and cherry blossoms in bloom for all to see...



There were a lot more to share, but I have to end it sometime right...

Be well ~~

1 comment:

  1. i love the last picture. its so amazing.
    miss you kyle it was nice to talk to you the other day. =( sad though i have to give back the laptop this week.

    ReplyDelete